Of course we have read dozens of Dr. Seuss books over the years. But I had never before seen the "Cat in the Hat's Learning Library" series. These are rhyming books in Dr Seuss style that actually TEACH something. They are great!! They have them on LOTS of topics - space, insects, the human body, mammals, etc. The kids love them and I have actually learned some stuff too! I highly recommend. We bought about 8 so far, and will probably end up with the whole library. I may even buy some for my children's classrooms. Amazon has them for about $9 - a little pricey for a kids book, but ya gotta love learning with rhyming! lol!
These Work for Me! For more Work for Me tips, visit: www.wearethatfamily.com.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Things I am so Thankful for:
- My Immediate Family ( my DH and my 3 amazing kids - as crazy as they make me, my life would not be as blessed without them!)
- My Family (my MIL - who we literally couldn't live without! my Dad, whom the kids adore, and we don't see nearly enough; and my brother and his family; whom we never see, but I want to interact with just the same)
- My friends (who are my rock and my village whom I could not live without)
- Our jobs (both me and DH, who have suffered NONE from the recession)
- Our health (we are lucky to have all around us healthy)
- Happiness (provided by amazing friends and family)
May 2011 provide you all this and more!