Friday, July 17, 2009

What Will You Remember (or Regret?)

I have a friend who is doing an amazing trip right now. This family of four packed up the RV and is trekking across the country from DC to Montana and back for 6 weeks. I am sooo jealous. She (and the kids) are posting regularly from the trip and it sounds just amazing. They have seen so many things - amazing waterfalls, mountains, streams, lakes, and TONS of animals - moose, bison, all kinds of deer and goats, bears, etc. They have been to lots of National Parks and seen so much. They are also smart and put plenty of time in for the kids to play at the campsite pools and miniature golf, etc. Such an awesome trip.


Now those who know me know I am NOT a camping type of girl. BUT - I have done a one-week vacation in an RV (albeit with adults - not kids) and really enjoyed it. For a trip like this there is really no other way! I don't know if DH and I can get 6 weeks off in a row - but I am sure we can get 4 weeks. In the next few years we are going to come up with a way to do it. DH has never seen Grand Canyon. Maybe we fly to Arizona, and rent an RV there. Do Grand Canyon, Sedona, Yosemite? Hmm....

The quote my friend put on her blog is “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

I think she is right.

No comments: