Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Am So Important

No seriously. I would say that a good 70% of the time I am in my office, sitting at my desk. A few days ago I was out of the office at a meeting. When the meeting was over I checked my blackberry and there was a message from one of our assistants saying that "Mr. X" was waiting to see me. I was confused because I only know one Mr X and he wouldn't come by to see me - unless OH MY GOD - I had an appointment with him. I am now freaking out. I call the office and they confirm that it is indeed the Mr X I know, and thank GOD, he did not have an appointment, he just stopped by. Now I am really confused. This is a muckety muck. A big muckety muck. Think CEO of a HUGE company type muckety muck who, while I do know, and he does know my name, would NOT just drop in to see me. But, he has already left - not finding me there, so I head back to the office to see what is going on. I rush to our reception area and ask them if someone had been there to see me. They say, "yes, Mr. X was here" I ask if he thought he had an appointment, and they confirm, "no, he was at a meeting nearby and just stopped in". They hand me his card, assuring me it was indeed him. Just to check I describe him and they confirm. I am now baffled and kinda impressed with my star power. Let's just say I couldn't stop by this guys office and drop in to see him. At least I never would. That would be totally inappropriate. I sent him an email and apologized for missing him, and he said he was across the street at a meeting and thought he would pop in. Wow. At the very least it raised my status at work, and that can't be bad...

5 comments:

Julie said...

Figures he would come by when you weren't at your desk. I wonder what he wanted? Must be nice to be so important! : )

Pam said...

I hate when I miss someone and don't know what they wanted...drives me bonkers. Glad you got the work ego boost though...we all need that from time to time.

Edie said...

Rock on! That's awesome when the big guys want to stop by and chat!!

Justice Fergie said...

look at you!! i am going to call you "ms. big time" from now on :)

Jules said...

Wow, that is very interesting! I am glad that he stopped by! It must be a little unnerving to know what he wanted.