Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Daily Bread

K is such a picky eater. We have tried everything. We have cooked together. She LOVES to cook, but won't eat what she has made. We have bribed and begged her to eat things. She does, but hates it. Now the kids at least follow the 3 bites rule (you must eat three bites of everything on your plate), but getting her to like new foods is a constant battle.

To try and find something we could work on together that she would like, I bought a bread machine. But I have yet to take it out of the box. Instead, I bought "Artisan Breads in 5 Minutes a Day". K loves bread. So on Monday night we made the basic dough. Then, the following night, we took some out of the fridge (the basic dough makes 4 loaves) and baked it. YUMMY!!! It was so delicious. K loved it - the whole family loved it! We ate the whole (small) loaf! And I am returning the bread machine!!

This book is genius. I can't wait to try more recipes!!! I highly recommend it.

No comments: