Friday, February 16, 2007

Food...or not...weight watchers...

So I have rejoined weight watchers. It was VERY successful for me before I had kids. I also had lost over 25 lbs before we found out I was pregnant with #3 on ww, so I know it works. But..I am not convinced it works while breastfeeding. I am still nursing (and pumping, ughh) for my 6-month old. WW has a specific program for breastfeeding that basically gives you an additional 10 points a day. This seems excessive to me. So far I am losing weight...but I am not eating those 10 points. So far my milk supply is fine, so I am not worried. If I start to see a drop-off, I will definitely add more points.

So now I am on the quest to find the best low-point foods. My all-time favs are FF Jello Pudding, Sugar Free jello, and LF Cool Whip. I also have this recipe where you bake a banana (in the skin) for 45 minutes then take it out, sprinkle with cinnamon and top with LF Cool whip -- YUMM! I am currently addicted to edamame. I really love this stuff. My 2.5 year old tried some last night and loved it as well. She was eating it faster than I could shell it! Of course neither my incredibly picky 4.5 year old or my husband would try. Actually, he tried one, but quickly downed a cracker to kill the taste. Oh well..more for me! I also LOVE the ww one-point chocolate/caramel bars. YUMMY! DH suggested that I could eat almost a whole box every day for my extra 10 points...he should NOT suggest such things...

No comments: