Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Implore You!

Recently Newsweek did a great article on the truth about the healthcare plan. You can find it here. It does a great job of ironing out the truth/fiction of the proposed law itself, as well as reasons why some of the falsehoods are so strongly believed.

I am not sure which iteration of the plan I prefer - but let me say this: The President's job is not to be our best friend. It is not to be popular. It is not even to be reelected. It is to do what he thinks is best for the country and the people. I believe President Obama is doing that. And without healthcare reform - people will continue to suffer. We need healthcare reform. People are paying too much for healthcare, and being denied services they need to improve their quality of life. We need change. And I trust our President to get it for us.

Mr. President - please don't let us down. Don't let ludicrous rhetoric and idiotic popular opinion polls dissuade you from this most important task. And Congress - same to you! You can do it. This is the time. PLEASE reform healthcare. It is the right thing to do!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am interested to see what this site says. I have 'seen' and 'heard' on facebook so many awful things that people believe that, well, I mean we don't live in a third world country, so why would they believe that is true, you know what I'm saying? They don't stop and think they just grab onto someone else's shirttails and blab on about dictatorships and etc, when plenty of other, rational, reasonably run countries (with healthier, happier families and workforces) have standardized health care.

Anonymous said...

Well written! I completely agree.