Monday, March 22, 2010

Yummy Quick Dinner!

So last night I made a really yummy dinner. DH and I loved it, Big Man liked it, the girls complained, but what else is new. I made mini meatloaves, using a muffin tin. But these weren't any meatloaves - these were delicious cheese-stuffed meatloaves!

Here is the basic recipe -

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
sprinkle of garlic powder
sprinkle of onion powder
salt & pepper (i use crazy salt)
sprinkle cumin
sprinkle Lawry's salt
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
15 Ritz crackers pounded to small crumbs

Mix all above. Divide into 12 parts

Take 4 string cheese and cut into 3 pieces each

Make a meatball, wrapping meat mixture around cheese stick.

Put in muffin tins (after spraying tins well with PAM) - and top with mix of 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup brown sugar. YUMM!

Cook 15 or so minutes. DELICIOUS!!!

Next time I will serve to the kids with tomato sauce and I think it will be fine.

No comments: