Monday, March 29, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Roses




Ok, not roses, but after several years, I finally did some landscaping around the front of my house this weekend. When we renovated our house (in 2007!) both our front and backyard were destroyed (thanks to the addition in the porch in the front and addition in the back). We paid some random guy to come in and help with the grass and such early last spring, but never got around to replanting bushes or anything like that. Armed with some gift certificates (thanks MIL and Groupon), we headed to the gardening stores.

Spending only about $100 out of pocket - I ended up with some azaleas, rhododendrums, flowers and mulch. The girls were actually very helpful with the planting, and the rain started just as we finished. I am very exicted about it. I think it looks great (even in the rain this morning).