Monday, October 18, 2010
Fun Easy Craft
I got a bunch of these bottle caps to try the bottle cap necklace that is all over the blogosphere. They are super easy, and I think they are cute. Really takes just 6 steps.
1) put caps in small frying pan and heat up for about 5 minutes. This allows you to peel the wax/plastic thingy from the bottom.
2) using a nail and hammer, make 2 small holes in the side of the bottle cap.
3) find images on line and print them out at about at the size of 1".
4) cut out the images and glue them in the bottle cap.
5) cover with either a plastic disk, or with diamond glaze
6) thread string through two holes.
I think they are adorable, and the kids LOVE them. Very easy to personalize for anything they want. If you have a kid that I know IRL, expect to get some of these. We may make a bunch for Halloween too!