Thursday, March 22, 2007

John Edwards - campaigning and cancer

I was so saddened to hear the Elizabeth Edwards' cancer had come back and spread. I was really routing for them. I thought they were a strong couple and I really liked him as a candidate. But I am not sure how I feel about the announcement of his candidacy continuing despite his wife's cancer. On one hand I say, good for you -- don't let the cancer win, keep on trucking. But on the other hand, I can't believe they would try and do this. I mean, what can be more important than focusing on her health and spending time together. A campaign trail is stressful, unforgiving, and so much more than exhausting. That can't be good for either of them. While I agree they shouldn't just sit at home obsessed with cancer, I think this is well beyond the other extreme. I mean, he is young, he still has many more years to seek higher office. Shouldn't they focus on their family now? I don't know, on a base level this just bothers me. He should be focused on his wife and not the Presidency. Don't you think? All in all, it is sad.

No comments: