Monday, December 3, 2007

Can't judge a book...

So I've had this personal little boycott of JC Penney going on for about the last 5 years. Why? I HATE their commercials. Over the last 5 years the majority of their commercials have revolved around the woman who needs to shop and the incompetent man at home who either can't take care of the house or can't take care of the kids without the woman. Really annoying, so I decided I just wouldn't shop there.

Fast forward to our house addition and ALL THOSE WINDOWS! I needed to get drapes and was having a very hard time finding ones that weren't $200/panel. I found these that I loved at JC Penney.com. I had a coupon, so I decided to end my personal boycott. Since then I couldn't be more pleased with my experiences. Although my drapes were on back order, they were very good at keeping me updated about when they would be coming. They arrived and were gorgeous. Then on black Friday I went there to buy my curtain rods for the same drapes. They had great ones on sale, I opened a credit card and got another 10% off, and the lovely saleswoman offered to group all my rods into bunches of $75 so I could use the stores $15 off $75 multiple times! I ended up getting them all for about 1/2 price! I was so psyched. About a week later I get a sweet note from the saleswoman thanking me for working with her - despite the fact that she knew I lived 400 miles away and wouldn't be back anytime soon!

A few days later I went to hang the drapes on the new rods, and I realized they had only sent me 14 when I ordered 16. I figured I was sunk since I they had been delivered about a month ago. But I called and they didn't question a thing. Refunded payment on the two that never arrived, and said they would charge it again when they shipped out the two.

I couldn't have asked for better customer service. I guess you never know!

6 comments:

Pam said...

So glad you had a great experience! I have also had good experiences with JCPenny online....they accepted a return that I over-ordered (tie backs for curtains) and even though it was 2 months after the shipment arrived when I realized my error (came in pairs and I thought it came individually so I had double what I needed). They didn't fuss that it had been too long or anything--accepted my return and credited me immediately for the ones I was returning. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Three Time Mommy!
Was good to see you et.al. over the holiday and meet up with the kids! Glad the rods and drapes are working out and that you will be settled into the addition before JH comes at Christmastime!! Will look forward to seeing the pix too!!
Love ya Gal!!! Aunt B

Anonymous said...

Customer service stories like this make me all warm and happy :)

Unknown said...

Wow, you usually hear about bad experiences. That is great you had such a good experience. I want pictures!

Amy W said...

I might need to get those drapes...

"J" said...

I love, love, LOVE the drapes you picked out!