Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Am So Important

No seriously. I would say that a good 70% of the time I am in my office, sitting at my desk. A few days ago I was out of the office at a meeting. When the meeting was over I checked my blackberry and there was a message from one of our assistants saying that "Mr. X" was waiting to see me. I was confused because I only know one Mr X and he wouldn't come by to see me - unless OH MY GOD - I had an appointment with him. I am now freaking out. I call the office and they confirm that it is indeed the Mr X I know, and thank GOD, he did not have an appointment, he just stopped by. Now I am really confused. This is a muckety muck. A big muckety muck. Think CEO of a HUGE company type muckety muck who, while I do know, and he does know my name, would NOT just drop in to see me. But, he has already left - not finding me there, so I head back to the office to see what is going on. I rush to our reception area and ask them if someone had been there to see me. They say, "yes, Mr. X was here" I ask if he thought he had an appointment, and they confirm, "no, he was at a meeting nearby and just stopped in". They hand me his card, assuring me it was indeed him. Just to check I describe him and they confirm. I am now baffled and kinda impressed with my star power. Let's just say I couldn't stop by this guys office and drop in to see him. At least I never would. That would be totally inappropriate. I sent him an email and apologized for missing him, and he said he was across the street at a meeting and thought he would pop in. Wow. At the very least it raised my status at work, and that can't be bad...

5 comments:

Julie said...

Figures he would come by when you weren't at your desk. I wonder what he wanted? Must be nice to be so important! : )

Pam said...

I hate when I miss someone and don't know what they wanted...drives me bonkers. Glad you got the work ego boost though...we all need that from time to time.

Edie C said...

Rock on! That's awesome when the big guys want to stop by and chat!!

Justice Fergie said...

look at you!! i am going to call you "ms. big time" from now on :)

Jules said...

Wow, that is very interesting! I am glad that he stopped by! It must be a little unnerving to know what he wanted.