Thursday, March 5, 2009

Big Man continues to be in a Mommy phase. Daddy might as well be a stranger on the street for all he cares. It is really getting ridiculous, and is hurting DH's feelings! I just don't know what to do about it. If I am totally not around (like out of the building), he is fine. But if he knows I am there somewhere - he only wants me.

Although Sunday night was funny. The kids all love our babysitter - Janice. She came on Sunday night and within about 2 minutes of her showing up, Big Man comes right up to me and goes "bye bye, mommy" I said, "see ya, big man" and then he stands there waiting for me to leave. "BYE BYE, MOMMY" - like, get out!

Any suggestions to move him through the mommy phase would be very helpful!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Any suggestions would be helpful. It's not like he and I don't spend alone time together...for example, we get to play when mommy takes the 2 girls swimming on Monday nights.

This morning was particularly grating. Mom and K left 2 min ago to walk K to school (which we do almost every weekday morning). Big Man comes down, sees the open door, and starts crying "mommy! Mom-mey!" He put on his coat when I told him to...while still crying for mommy. Went out to the car, while still crying for mommy. Nothing was different (that I could tell) from 70% of our mornings, but nonetheless...{grrr}

Not to mention our little Oedipus still gets mildly angry when I hold Mommy's hand... (he better get over that, 'cause I'm not giving it up!)

Anonymous said...

it wont be long and the opposite will be true. for the dad, keep up the hand holding, and if you need to, hoist him up with your other hand, so he's 'included' --our folks ALWAYS hugged and kissed each other in front of us, it was their way of showing that they were a couple, so if you dont already do that, do it! you guys get some bonus time and the kids get to see a healthy relationship.

Anonymous said...

They grow out of it, as Matthew was in a Mommy phase the first 3 years of his life. Now that Star Wars is in the picture, so is Dada -- they've bonded...

Happy Working Mom said...

I wish I had suggestions, but I have that same thing going on with our littlest one!

Good luck!