Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Vibrations

What is it about certain items of clothes that make you feel powerful? I have a couple items that I just love, and when I wear them, I feel I could do anything. Currently, it is my bright red short trench coat from H&M. I bought it at 50% off for $30. Even my kids love it.
Same goes for my black wrap dress. It fits great and I feel like a million bucks in it (I think it was $25 from overstock.com). I have a few pairs of shoes that do it too - especially a few pairs of very high heels.

How is it that clothes can give you that feeling more than anything else?

1 comment:

jill said...

we're socialized to feel sexy and/or powerful in certain clothes. oh, you didnt want an academic answer... hmm. because they're fun!?! sorry. I'm kind of lame today--okay, fine, I'm lame all the time.