Saw this meme here, and thought I would do it too. I apologize for the weird spacing - blogger is being strange.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
hmmm...take the girls to DisneyWorld. Makes me think I need to try more new stuff!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I really had any. For 2009 I want to keep losing weight (and keep it off) and exercise regularly.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sabrina had baby Emma - yay!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Election day - forever.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
losing 37 lbs
9. What was your biggest failure?
on and off exercising
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope - except a silly cold I've had since Thanksgiving.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My red circle purse from a street vendor in Paris.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The American people for making the right political choice - finally!!!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Bigots and close-minded people during the election who completely lied and made stuff up.
14. Where did most of your money go?
where did it not? vacations, toys, silly stuff (oh yeah, mortgage and daycare too!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
our vacations - PARIS! and Disney. SOOOO AWESOME!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
man, this is hard! It might be Bon Jovi's Livin on a Prayer after hearing K and Lizzie scream it out on Rock Band.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? SAME
b) thinner or fatter? THINNER - YAYYY ME!
c) richer or poorer? SAME (made more money, spent more money)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
complain - yell at the kids
20. How did you spend Christmas Hanukkah?
at home with family and friends - perfect
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
more and more with my kids, DH, and friends
22. What was your favorite TV program?
hmm...Brothers and Sisters or Entourage (on netflix)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
ROCK BAND 2!!!
26. What did you want and get?
Rock Band 2. A Wii.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Mamma Mia - sing along version
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
turned 40. Think I had some dim sum and good dinners. And of course, my Paris trip!!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
can't think of anything
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
my amazing girlfriends!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
hmmm...jon stewart? still a sucker for Brad Pitt
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
our amazing election. And my very strong feelings on the differences of the candidates
35. Who did you miss?
my mom, as usual. Duffy who lives to far away.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
didn't meet a lot of people - reconnected with some from Facebook.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
you can have it all - if you pace yourself.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
man that's hard. Maybe - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!