Tuesday, February 24, 2009

When you want an honest answer - ask a kid

So I wear my contacts constantly. Like 17 hours a day since I was in the 10th grade. I think I can count on both hands the number of times I have worn my glasses during the day instead. Well, yesterday was one of those days. And when I was getting B ready for school, she said "Mommy, I really like your glasses. You look pretty." I said, "Thanks, honey." Perhaps 45 seconds passes. Then B says, "Actually Mommy, I don't. I don't like you in your glasses. You look much better without them." "Thanks, hon."

Then K asked me what I ate all day when I was at the movies. I told her mostly popcorn and M&Ms. She said "Mommy, you are going to get fat again. You will have a really big tummy."

4 comments:

Laura said...

cute and cruel...that is what I say! Cute and cruel all rolled into one!!!!

I have a similar story from the other day - hope it is ok to link to yours.

Justice Fergie said...

they're great for the ego, aren't they?

Amy W said...

Sounds like stuff my daughter would say!

Anonymous said...

My wife always gets upset when she asks the kids a question and they respond in a similar manner. I told her not ask them if she didn't want an honest answer from them. That's why she doesn't take my daughter shopping with her anymore.