Friday, May 1, 2009

She's Growing Up

So I mentioned that K turned 7 last weekend. I took her on Friday for her annual checkup. After the normal stuff (yes, she is still super tall, everything looks great) the Dr mentioned that the American Academy of Pediatrics is now recommending kids get a Hepatitis A shot (I think it was). But it was still optional. She gave me the literature and we talked about it, and I decided ok. But I had told K that she didn't have to get any shots at 7.

So I told her that she would have to get it this year or next year (and the following, since it is 2 doses!), but she could decide. Did she want to get it immediately - or wait until next year. I figured she would say next year, to put it off as long as possible. But no, she said now. She said she didn't want to worry about it for a year, so she'd rather just get it.

SOOOO MATURE! Both me and the Dr were shocked. My little girl is growing up.

No comments: