Friday, November 28, 2008

Count Down til Christmas

Disclosure: I am completely stealing this idea from Anastasia at The Gift.

I know, I know. Its just Thanksgiving. But really - Christmas is only 27 days away. I LOVE Christmas. I like the shopping, the traditions, the lights, the music, the excitement, the Nutcracker, family and friends celebrating - really everything about it.

I have decided to put up some version of my Christmas Village this year - you know, those Department 56 ceramic houses that crazy old ladies decorate with. LOVE EM! I haven't put it out much in the last few years cuz I have these crazy kids who would break play with them. But this year I am going for it. We finally got our plasma tv hung on the wall (after about a year), so there is room to put some on the entertainment center. We just have to keep them out of the reach of Big Man (and probably B.)

We are putting up our tree on Sunday. I can't wait. I also promised the kids we could bring out blankets and sleep under it the first night too. Not exactly what I planned as a school night, but ah well...

I have a bunch of shopping done, but still more to do. But I love it. I know there are people who don't, but I do. I love picking out just the right thing for each person. I am even making a bunch of my gifts this year. I even love wrapping. And seeing all the gifts under the tree.

So bring it on - I love Christmas and am glad the season is here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Had to comment- I love Christmas too- I totally ditto everything you say, except my son was born on Dec. 18th... and he will turn 5 this year (BIG BDAY) so starting last year - we don't decorate until the morning of Dec. 19th- so it's all about his bday before :)
what can you do?

Also- I LOVE WRAPPING PRESENTS, i have a theme each year, everything is in the theme... I LOVE IT :)
This year it's 'silver and gold'...I'm so excited, sorry, I get SO into wrapping presents!!