Monday, January 7, 2013

Sewing

In the last few months, I've done a few easy sewing projects.  I made our family Christmas pajamas this year, after finding the most simple instructions possible!  These instructions are FABULOUS!  So easy - no pattern required! LOVE that kind of sewing.  Patterns tend to flummox me.  These were easy peasy.  Basically two seams, and an elastic waist and you are done.  The kids loved them, and I just paired them with a tshirt from AC Moore.    I did tweak it a bit, to make a nightgown for B, who preferred that.  I basically just cut a triangle, sewed it together, sewed it to the shirt, added a ruffle and attached belt. 

Then I did valances for K's new room.  Very simple, and K helped me. 

She seemed to be interested, so I decided we would both do the Learn to Sew tutorial through Crazy Little Projects.  We went to the fabric store yesterday to pick out fabrics for the first few projects.  We are both exited to try out her projects, and learn how to sew.  This week - burp cloths.  Will be perfect as our next door neighbors recently had a baby.  Will let you know how it goes....

No comments: