Friday, January 11, 2008

wow

So Harvard University has started this cool thing with tuition. If you make less than $60k..you can send your kid to Harvard for FREE. FREE! They still have to get in (good luck with that), but the tuition will be free. If you make less than $180,000 you won't have to pay more than 10% of your income. The number decrease from 10% to ZERO as you move down the income scale. That is HUGE people. $18k or less for a Harvard education?! I know people who pay nearly that much for private elementary school. (I think they are nuts, but that is another matter altogether). I am hugely impressed by this move. You can read all about it here. Lets pray some other schools start doing similar things (not that my darling children won't be going to Harvard, but just in case they prefer a different school! ;) )

5 comments:

Misty said...

this is really amazing... hopefully Columbia University will follow in it's foot steps!

Julie said...

college costs scare me to death.

Laura said...

WOW - that is amazing - education costs are so out the roof!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Jill said...

too bad this wasn't 10 years ago.. i could have gone to harvard..