Thursday, January 22, 2009

Love for the Mouse



We had a blast at Disney without the kids! We only ended up with a few hours at the Magic Kingdom on Friday (I hit a traffic jam on the way back from working), but we made the highlights - Buzz Lightyear, Stitch's Escape, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Snow White and of course, Wishes - the fireworks show. We also made our own custom Mickey ears. Mine were pink with fake fur on the edge - silver ears with rhinestones all around the edges, Minnie on each ear, and an "Its my birthday" sticker with a crown on top. Kathy's was similar.

We each got a "its my birthday" badge when we got our free admission - which caused every single "cast member" (employee) to say "Happy Birthday Megan" all day long. What fun!

On Saturday we had a blast at Disney Hollywood Studios. We woke up early for Extra Magical Hours and managed to ride 2x on the Rock n Roller Coaster - oh my Gosh- amazing - 0 to 60mph in like 2 seconds. AWESOME! We also got on Toy Story Mania - SOOOOOOO FUN. You get to shoot at carnival style shooting targets and play against your riding partner. It was really fun. We also saw the High School Musical 3 show, the parade, rode the Great Movie Ride, saw the Magic of Animation, Muppets 3d (welcome to my paaahhhk), etc. We didn't do Tower of Terror, as I am just not into falling rides.

I highly recommend the Disney free on your birthday gig. It was really great, such a blast!

4 comments:

Allison said...

We are going to Didney for the first time in October. 3 kids..... Don't know If I will be posting about all the FUN. Nice to see that Disney brings out the kid in everyone!

Allison said...

......DiSney, that is....

Anonymous said...

Disney land my and my kids favorite place! we plan to go next month!

Courtney said...

What a fun way to celebrate your birthday! Glad you enjoyed it. We will actually be in Florida in March the week AFTER my birthday. But we're not going to Disney yet...that will be a few more years. We'll be in Destin this time.