Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Did It




Barack Obama is the President of the United States. I get chills just typing that. Could it have been a greater day?

We had a viewing party with some close friends today. Ate one of Obama's favorite foods (chili), I made Michelle Obama's shortbread cookies, we drank Hawaiian beer, played Obama Bingo, and toasted with Champagne.

The kids had Obama coloring pages, and we did did Inauguration trivia.

But most importantly - we watched and listened, were inspired and had hope. A great day for our nation.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I think this is awesome. I picked up my baby girl and brought her in with me for the swearing in...by the way.. Please update your link if you have one to my new site. I got tired of doing two sites. I also need more hits to make sure I can continue blogging for spare bits of cash now and then, and I need the links for that, so.... if you please...
http://lilmouse.blogsite.org/