Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crafty Weekend

Over the weekend, I worked on a few crafts projects I've had stewing in my head.

First, shrinky dinks. Do you remember these from your childhood? I used to love them, my husband had never done them before. Anyway, I recently read a blog that showed that any #6 recycleble plastic is shrinky dink plastic. This is the plastic containers you get from salad bars and stuff like that. I wanted to make the girls a special something to think of me while I am in Paris. So I used shriky dink paper to make some charms like these:

Aren't they cute? Just cut out the plastic, color on it with sharpies, punch a hole, cook for 1 minute, and wala! I plan to put them on a necklace or bracelet for the girls. I am also doing an Eiffel tower charm.

I also want to make the girls personalized Disney autograph books for our trip in November. I know it is early, but I was too excited to work on these. I really wanted ones where they could get autographs on one page, and have room to attach a picture to the opposing page. Here are a few pages I have started.



So that's what I have been working on, how about you?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my, those Disney books are TOO CUTE!!! I'll have to remember that when we go to Disney in 2010. Cute shrinky dinks too! I was just thinking the other day that I haven't done shrinky dinks since I was a kid and that the boys might have fun with that. I didn't know you could use any #6 plastic, thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Hey! You're supposed to wait for me to do those disney autograph books!

pixie4bears said...

Those look really cute! You craft so well.