Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Big Bedroom Reveal!!!

So back here (!!!) I started talking about what I was going to do to the girls room. We had finally convinced them to move out of their smaller bedroom into our old bedroom - with two closets. They wanted princess decor. They wanted pink and Ariel and Cinderella. And...without further ado...we gave it to them!




Yes, I did the paintings on the walls - but I used a $10 projector I bought at Michaels ten years ago. I have no drawing ability - this was just tracing and coloring in. But I am really happy with it. I wish I had a before, but I can assure you it looked NOTHING like this. The walls were blue, there was a big queen bed and LOTS more furniture. It looks so much bigger. The canopy's I got on Amazon for like $15 each. I love the star lights on the wall - $10 at Ikea. The two desks were Craigslist each about $20. We painted them to match the room and decoupaged Princess stuff on them. The chairs were free off a neighbor's curb. So really, this was just about the painting. Amazing what a difference it makes. And really, I am no artist - this is just tracing and coloring (DH helped with the Princess' hands - I could not get a good enough trace to do those!)

The girls LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Their brother does too. Now if we can just get Big Man to sleep back in his own room!

For more DIYs - visit - http://asoftplace.net/2010/01/diy-day-10/
And for more painting projects, click here.

5 comments:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

My kids would LOVE something like this ... although I have three BOYS so it would have to be a Star Wars treatment or something. But the wall painting is inspired, and the netting over the beds is so adorable. Great job!

Jill said...

Wow. I never considered the projector, but that's a good idea. We don't have a theme in mind yet for Keeley's room, but I'd love for it to be something that grows with her. I can't believe you managed on the closet! Crazy. But definitely cute.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

My 4 yr old daughter is looking with me and she is ADORING your work. I'm hosting a Power of Paint Party starting late tonight & every Wednesdays... I'd love it if you'd link up the room.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Nice work!!

Anonymous said...

Having life size Disney is such a fun idea for your girls!