Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cleaning Frenzy

Every once in a while I get a cleaning/organizing bug. I had finally had it with my pantry. Unfortunately I don't have any "before" pictures, but I promise you - it was a disaster. The doors did not close all the way, and when you opened it, stuff would fall out. EVERY SINGLE TIME. It was impossible to find things, and people we scared to open it.

Last Friday I went to nirvana the Container Store and got some great bins for less than $3 each!!! I know!!! Anyway, they fit my pantry perfectly. So we went home and the kids' activity was helping me empty the pantry and sort all the crap into piles by type - sauces, canned fruit/veggies, soups, snacks, etc. Fun for the whole family (actually the liked it). We put it back into the storage bins, and back in the pantry - tada - an organized pantry with doors that actually close!!!


After that success in the kitchen - I moved into other rooms. I started to deal with the hazardous waste site disaster we call our old bedroom, the closet in Big Man's room (which held all my too small clothes that I have now moved into my own spare closet), and the dvd's in our living room. I am still feeling the bug, so who knows what might be next!

4 comments:

Laura said...

WOW - please come to my house to help me get organized...PLEASE??? Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love the container store and I'm in the process of cleaning out my attic... and couldn't be happier :)

I LOVE 'the cleaning/reorganizing bug too :)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Oh yes...The Container Store just makes me giddy inside. I swear I hear angels when I open the doors!

Courtney said...

Looks great! Way to go- you are on a roll!