Friday, September 12, 2008

Countdown to Disney

So I am sooo excited to tell the girls about our Disney trip. I can't wait to see how happy they are going to be. But I know (and DH reminds me) that we can't tell them too early, cuz they don't really have such a great handle on time. And they will be asking when we are going every hour of every day.


But..last week I found a way to do it. I took a bunch of Mickey Mouse paint sample ears from my local home improvement store, and I am making a countdown calendar. That way they can rip off one mouse-ear a day and they will see how much time we have left. We also plan to use Disney's Enchanted Call to let them know. I can't wait. But we are still going to wait another month..and tell them 30 days before we go.


Can I wait that long??? We'll have to see. If anyone as any other ideas, I'd love them!

2 comments:

ShannanB said...

That calendar is a great idea. You are too creative.

I can't wait to take our boys to Disney. It is something we are thinking about for next year, once the Bman is 4.

Courtney said...

Oh wow, you're going that soon, huh? How exciting! We have a Disney trip planned for 2010 and the boys have known about it for almost a year already, so I'm not the right one to be giving advice on how long to wait to tell them. LOL! I guess this is a lesson in patience for them. lol