Thursday, September 11, 2008

Racking Up the Frequent Flier Miles

I don't travel much for work. Usually 2-3 trips of 4-5 days per year. Not so much. But in the next 30 days I have 4 trips already scheduled. I am trying to keep them short (I was in Miami for 7 hours on Wednesday), but will definitely miss a few mornings or dinners. The good news is that I will be building up those frequent flier miles that I decimated when I went to Paris!

I hope to get a lot of reading done. Anyone else have plane time-killers? Although napping is appealing as well! Maybe catch up on all my ITunes Podcasts.... hmm maybe it will be nice to have some time to myself!

4 comments:

ShannanB said...

Wow. I just got through a similar situation. I never have time to read so I picked up a few books at the library - I managed to just about read one per trip. I also rarely get to watch movies and brought some to watch from my laptop for the longer flights. I would recco this because on almost all of my Delta flights that had movies, they were kids movies - King Fu Panda... Really?

Have fun and be safe!

pixie4bears said...

I love those frequent flier miles! Let see, to pass the time you could try some books on "tape" or get a language "tape". Have good flights!

Julie said...

I use flying time to catch up on reading and listening to my ipod. Sometimes I bring personal work with me too - like things I'm working on for the girls' school or activities. And every now and then I actually WRITE a letter to someone. You know, a good old fashion hand written letter!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I could travel for work. It seems like such a nice idea to get time to myself. But then if I get it, I never know what to do with it anyway.