Tuesday, September 11, 2007

God Only Knows

So I finally found a Sunday School for my girls. I have tried for over a year to get them into one, but my church was NOT accommodating. They have their own school, and I think that if you don't go to the school, they don't care about educating your kids. Despite many attempts to receive early notification, by the time I received any information, the classes were always full. Anyway, I finally said, forget it, and found another church they could go to. We went on Sunday, and the funny thing is that they didn't even do any religious stuff, just crafts cuz it was the first day back after the summer off. But afterwards I asked K if she liked it. She said she had some questions. First, if God created everything - the sky, the moon, the flowers, the people - then who created God? I stopped laughing long enough to tell her that was a great question and she should ask them that next week in Sunday School (hopefully I don't get her kicked out on her second day). They she said, she could get that God created all those things - but (s)he didn't make Playdough, right? Cuz that would just be too hard. I suppose I should ensure my God-like status with her by making homemade playdough one of these days...

8 comments:

M said...

Classes too full? That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard! We always had just free drop your kids while you're at service kinda sunday school around here. how obnoxious!

I'm glad you found another option! WOO HOO! And one that sounds pretty good? Excellent.

And dude. Making playdoh for her equals brilliant! Good call to secure the awe for a while longer anyhow!

Anonymous said...

When I went to Sunday school, there was never any worries on it being full. Strange.

Morgan and I are going to make Play-Doh this week. She won't give a crap, but I think it'll be fun :)

Happy Working Mom said...

That's so weird that the classes were full!?!?!

I teach Sunday school for 3 year-olds and we take as many as will fit in a room (the most we've ever had was 26).

I'm glad you found one for them....

Jill said...

everyone at our home church is thrilled when kids are there, neighborhood kids, new to school kids, stop by twice a year kids, and the every week kids.. even the i'm visiting my cousins kids were welcomed.. go figure..

Anonymous said...

On a side note, the church in Stoneham that uncle jack was at got struck by lightning this weekend. Interesting that it was their family day (few hundred participants) and no one was hurt. Interesting that the cross atop the steeple was unharmed...divine intervention?

Jules said...

I, also, think that is the strangest thing that I have ever heard! We take as many as will come! Thanks for tagging me!

Julie said...

At least you know she was paying attention! : )

Amy W said...

I have recently started taking the girls to church and Sunday school and they love it!