Monday, September 10, 2007

shhh....keep it under wraps

I almost wasn't going to blog about this, but then I realized that the dozen people who read my blog probably wouldn't destroy it. We went to the COOLEST place on Saturday. It was the cutest beach you ever saw, with shower/changing/bathroom facilities, and it was only an hour away and NO traffic. Seriously. It was called North Beach and is on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. It is tiny - like 100 feet across? But there were only about 10 other families there, and it was GREAT. The water was warm, there were waves to play in but NO undertow. You could walk out about 25 feet and it was still up to your chest. The kids LOVED it. The girls mostly laid on the surf and let the waves batter the heck out of them. I think they took home 10% of the beach in their suits and hair. I LOVE this beach. If we hadn't just spent all the money we have and will ever have on our home renovation I would demand we get a house there immediately.

8 comments:

Amy W said...

I love the beach as well, hence why we go to Myrtle so much...

Julie said...

That sounds lovely. I've heard of it before but have no clue where it is - so no worries, my troops won't be invading anytime soon! : )

Anonymous said...

My Mom's been to this beach before and she said it's awesome, too!! The pics? Totally makes me want to go. Especially today...here in NY? It's dark, dreary and about 63 degrees.

Anonymous said...

The funny thing was I thought I was reading Duffy's blog, and was very confused...

Jules said...

I wanna go, but alas I can't. I did the middle name thing. Thanks for tagging me.

alissa said...

Nice!!!! And thanks for tagging me. Thanks sooo much.

KC said...

ooooh. Secret getaway. My husband would love to have a beach house, but I keep reminding him we barely own the two properties we do have. He's good on vision, but he has absoluately no concept of finances.

KC said...

Absolutely. Darn. I hate when I typo someone's nice comments section.